We realize that men and women suffering from mental illness are especially prone to substance abuse. At Odyssey House, patients receive coaching in real life skills ranging from personal hygiene to financial management through the Wellness Self Management Techniques Workshop.
Once participants have successfully completed the workshop, a placement specialist helps them find affordable housing, accompanies them on interviews with landlords, and helps negotiate rental contracts. In this way, Odyssey House helps break the cycle of relapse and homelessness.
What we offer:
- Congregate care treatment with intensive substance abuse and mental health education and counseling
- Training in essential life skills development including: personal hygiene, housekeeping, the use of public transportation, banking/money management, and medication compliance
- On-site primary and psychiatric medical services
- Dually diagnosed substance abuse/mental health services in group setting
- Vocational counseling and job training services
- Cultural and recreational activities
- General Educational Development (GED) course preparedness
- HIV counseling services
- Intensive case management
- Comprehensive discharge planning, including housing and psychiatric care